Saturday, January 31, 2009

Anyone want R50m in venture capital?

Anyone want R50m in venture capital?

Yeah I thought that might get your attention. Had a pretty interesting week with two Venture Capital firms coming up to me - out of the blue - and asking if had any ideas where they can invest funds.

I get to chat to quite a few Venture Capital and Private Equity guys in my spare time and there seems to be a growing theme - "We've got a lot of money sitting on the sidelines and we just can't find anywhere to invest it in SA."

Both firms had problems trying to find places to invest their money - if they go with mass market advertising they get swamped by applications that simply takes too long to work through so they're trying to find smarter ways to find deals.

So I guess I'm throwing it out to the SA entrepreneurs blogosphere - any decent ideas out there for some sizeable investments where guys are open to venture capital or private equity deals?

If you've got some ideas feel free to drop me a 2 page motivation on marc@rival.co.za and we can take it from there....

No comments: