Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reinet

I had been meaning to blog about Reinet earlier this week and then got swamped with other stuff.

Upfront I need to remind you that my primary reason for buying shares in private equity firm Reinet was a desire to get some access to the Rupert family's "deal-flow" and their ability to spot good investment opportunities and generate a return for shareholders.

I got in quite cheaply so I am up a few bucks on this investment but it was interesting to note their comments in their recent results announcement.

One of the big concerns I had was that Reinet would become something of a "value trap" along the lines of Venfin where it took a long time for shareholders to get anything significant in the form of dividends or realised profits from investments.

Bear in mind that Reinet enjoys handy "cash-flow" from its investment in British American Tobacco so there should be no reason why shareholders shouldn't get a piece of this.

I thought it was quite encouraging then that Reinet mentioned that dividends were on the cards in the coming financial years.

No comments: