Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can you help?

I know that in South Africa, we tend to become somewhat immune to stories of violence committed against young kids.

However I'm making a call to mobilise any resources I can to assist. I received a message from a guy who runs a children's home in JHB. Over the last four years he has seen plenty of bad things and has regularly had to hit people up for cash.

I received the following SMS from him this evening and when he says things are bad - he means things are bad.

"Dear friends, we have a little girl named Kim (aged 6) who was badly raped - the worst we have ever seen. The cost of the reconstructive surgery is R100 000. My company is able to contribute R50000 and we are seeking sponsors for the difference"

I completely appreciate that things are tight at the moment but I have committed to assisting in the fundraising efforts.

If you are able to assist in any way please drop me a mail at marc@rival.co.za or contact me on 082-561-1585 to discuss further.

Kind regards,
Marc Ashton
www.ManufacturingHub.co.za

No comments: